Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Triune God: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God is the Creator, Preserver, and Ruler of Heaven and Earth.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son, was God in flesh revealed, and that He came into the world that the world through Him may be saved from sin.
- We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God, and that it is the authority and inspiration for the faith and practice of the Christian life, and that every Christian has an individual responsibility to God to discover the meaning of the Scriptures for their own life.
- We believe that spiritual regeneration must precede baptism, church membership, and commemoration of the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe that God created us in God’s own image and made of one blood all nations.
- We believe that God is faithful and just to forgive all people who confess their sins and profess their faith in Jesus Christ, and that they, regardless of creed or race, become the children of God and Christian brothers and sisters.
- We believe, as a local community of Christians that we are a part of Christ’s Church which is universal in scope. Therefore, we believe that we should witness and work for Christ in fellowship with all children of God in an effort to oppose evil and extend the Kingdom of God throughout the world.
- We believe that nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Memorial Baptist Church is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, nationally and in North Carolina.